Our innovative programs don’t just put books in the hands of children. They put kids on the path to success through a life-long love of reading.
Team Read Ambassador
This summer internship program teaches high school and college students how to run and sustain a nonprofit. Team Read Ambassadors get a hands-on experience with real-world challenges that include:
- Learning valuable skills related to operations management, budgeting, marketing and volunteer coordination.
- Participating in Bookworm Bootcamp, our signature early literacy program.
An accredited CMS internship program, we accept applications from rising high school freshmen through college seniors from February through May for the program that starts each June. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn and apply for the Team Read Ambassadors program here.
Promising Pages is the leading distributor of upcycled children’s books in the Charlotte area. We make it easy and affordable for groups to get books at low to no cost.
- Books are distributed through partnerships with more than 60 social service partners.
- 440,000+ books distributed to tens of thousands of children since 2012.
To learn more about contributing or receiving donated books, please send your written request and timeline to email@example.com.
Bookworm Bootcamp is geared toward 1st and 2nd graders, at Title I and Charter schools in Charlotte’s most underserved neighborhoods.
- A unique curriculum of six to eight lessons which incorporate experiential learning practices proven to instill a desire to read each and every day.
- Our mascot Erma the Bookworma visits title I classrooms, throughout the school year, building home libraries and teaching skills that make reading fun!
- By the end of the program, each student has a home library of approximately 25 books, removing them from the Charlotte Book Desert.
Books on Break
Books on Break is a free program designed to provide books for children from select Title I or underserved area schools to enjoy when school is out of session. Conducted in partnership with Read Charlotte and other community partners, the goal is to reach 10,000 students through book fairs to be held before summer break.
Click here to learn more and get involved!