Our innovative programs don’t just put books in the hands of children. They put kids on the path to success through a life-long love of reading.
Team Read Ambassador
This summer internship program teaches high school and college students how to run and sustain a nonprofit. Team Read Ambassadors get a hands-on experience with real-world challenges that include:
- Learning valuable skills related to operations management, budgeting, marketing and volunteer coordination.
- Participating in Bookworm Bootcamp, our signature early literacy program.
An accredited CMS internship program, we accept applications from rising high school freshmen through college seniors from February through May for the program that starts each June. For more information check out our Team Read Ambassadors video, or contact us at email@example.com.
Learn and apply for the Team Read Ambassadors program here.
Promising Pages is the leading distributor of upcycled children’s books in the Charlotte area. We make it easy and affordable for groups to get books at low to no cost.
- Books are distributed through partnerships with more than 30 social service partners.
- 350,000+ books collected and redistributed to more than 43,000 children since 2012.
To learn more about contributing or receiving donated books, please send your written request and timeline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Bookworm Bootcamp (formerly Magic Book Parties) are geared toward kindergarten through third graders, primarily for Title I and Charter schools with Charlotte’s most underserved students.
- Unique curriculum of six to eight lessons which incorporate kinesthetic, multi-sensory, experiential learning practices proven to instill a desire to read each and every day.
- Bookworm mascots create a lively experience that teaches children the importance of becoming a “bookworm” and the POWER of reading every day to achieve success in any career they choose.
- Each student receives a gift-wrapped book and self-selects up to five books each subsequent monthly visit, providing access to enough books to instill a life-long love of reading.
If you’re a parent or educator interested in hosting Bookworm Bootcamp at your Title I school, please join our Bookworm Bootcamp waiting list.
Books on Break
Books on Break is a free program designed to provide books for children from select Title I or underserved area schools to enjoy when school is out of session. Conducted in partnership with Read Charlotte and other community partners, the goal is to reach 10,000 students through book fairs to be held before summer break.
Click here to learn more and get involved!