Title of Position: Program Coordinator
Date Position Available: November 4, 2019
Position Reports To: Deputy Director
Position is: Full Time
THE OPPORTUNITY: Promising Pages is looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented, positive leader to join our small but mighty team. The Program Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Deputy Director to develop and deliver quality, in-school programming. Serving as a primary liaison with the schools we serve, the Program Coordinator’s focus will be on implementing our Books on Break and Bookworm Bootcamp programs as well as recruiting and managing program volunteers. The Program Coordinator will also work closely with our Operations and Volunteer Coordinator to support our Community Partner program and all book distribution efforts.
THE ORGANIZATION: Promising Pages is a nonprofit organization in Charlotte, NC that collects donated books and distributes them to children with few, if any, books at home. Our mission is to provide ownership of books to underserved children and cultivate a lifelong love of reading through innovative literacy programs and partnerships. During the 2018-2019 school year, we distributed over 192,000 books through our in-school programs and 90+ community partners.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Promising Pages’ team members work in a variety of spaces: an open concept office, an attached non-climate-controlled warehouse, and various school and child-care settings. The position will require some physical labor in setting up program spaces and lifting boxes of books. The Program Coordinator will also be expected to manage students in a multi-classroom setting and be confident working with young people, specifically young people experiencing the effects of poverty.
- Coordinate program schedules with schools and community partners, including Team Read summer program delivery
- Project manage Books on Break and execute in-school program
- Teach Bookworm Bootcamp lesson plans as Promising Pages’ mascot “Erm the Bookworm” or “Erma the Bookworma”
- Appear in/record Bookworm Bootcamp video lessons
- Collect and report on programming data
- Work with Deputy Director on managing the Book Grant Application process
- Maintain accurate donor, partner, volunteer and inventory data in our CRM and Inventory systems
- Recruit and manage program volunteers
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with partner organizations
- Assist with warehouse duties, volunteer and donor events throughout the year
- Assist Deputy Director with Social Media content creation
- Promote Promising Pages at speaking engagements, events and throughout the community
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1-2 years teaching or non-profit program experience
- Teaching, storytelling, or theatre experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or G Suite (Excel//Sheets priority)
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
SALARY RANGE: $28,000-$32,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please email an updated resume and cover letter (preferably in .pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21, 2019. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile if at all possible. No phone calls will be accepted. All inquiries will be held in confidence.