We thrive based on the funds contributed by individual, group and corporate donors across the Charlotte community. Our cost efficient, high volume book distribution model ensures your contribution is making an impact on the students in our community.
It costs us around $1 to distribute a book to a local child. With every dollar that is donated, you are helping Promising Pages provide another book to a child living in the Charlotte area Book Desert. We invite you to become part of our effort to end the Book Desert with your own promise of support!
We are continually inspired by the companies, groups and organizations that recognize the power home libraries have on elevating education and who partner with us to provide them to our students. We offer several ways for corporations to get involved and invite you to find out more today.
Kelly Cates, Deputy Director
We are always in need of children’s books in any condition, especially those for pre-kindergarten through third grade. To coordinate a book drive in your neighborhood, school, business or place of worship, learn how here or feel free to contribute children’s books your family has outgrown.
Donations of fewer than 200 books can be brought to our 24-hour Southend donation bin across the street from 204 E. Peterson Dr. Charlotte, NC 28217. Look for the brown metal donation bin outside of the CBI warehouse fence. If you’d like to receive a donation acknowledgement, please be sure to include a slip of paper with your name, contact info and the amount of books you donated.
Email email@example.com to donate more than 200 books and to schedule a time to drop off your books in person.
*Please note we do not have the capacity to pick books up.
Book Drop-Off Locations :
- South End Donation Bin (Operations Center) – Across from 204 e Peterson Drive, Charlotte
- The Cornwell Center – 2001 Selwyn Avenue, Charlotte
- Urban Cookhouse – 1601 E Woodlawn Road, Suite B, Charlotte
- Tillman Insurance Advisors (South Blvd.) – 7300 Baden Pl, Charlotte, NC 28217
- Tillman Insurance Advisors (Ballantyne) – 8440 Rea Road Suite P Charlotte, NC 28277
- Uwharrie Bank – 5231 Piper Station Dr suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Mr. Putty’s Fun Park: Miniature Golf – 2333 Dam Rd, Tega Cay, SC 29708
- Matthews Ballroom + Events – 189 N. Trade St., Matthews, NC 28105
- Second Look Books – 4475 7462, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Sweet Frog Concord – 8528 Pit Stop Ct NW #10, Concord, NC 28027
- Sweet Frog Afton Ridge – 6165 Bayfield Parkway, Concord, NC 28027
Contact to donate
Dana Barber, Operations & Volunteer Coordinator
South End Donation Bin (Operations Center)
204 e Peterson Drive, Charlotte, NC
Mr. Putty's Fun Park: Miniature Golf
2333 Dam Rd, Tega Cay
Sweet Frog Concord
8528 Pit Stop Ct NW #10, Concord
Sweet Frog Afton Ridge
6165 Bayfield Parkway, Concord, NC 28027
The Cornwell Center
2001 Selwyn Avenue, Charlotte, NC
1601 E Woodlawn Road, Suite B, Charlotte
Tillman Insurance Advisors - South Blvd.
7300 Baden Pl, Charlotte, NC 28217
Tillman Insurance Advisors - Ballantyne Location
8440 Rea Road Ste P Charlotte
5231 Piper Station Dr suite 100, Charlotte
Matthews Ballroom + Events
189 N. Trade St. Matthews
Second Look Books
4475 7462, Harrisburg
Volunteering Your Time
We receive donations of thousands of books each month, but before books go out to our bookworms they must be counted, cleaned, stamped, and sorted.
- To help out, you can volunteer at our Operations Center as an individual, as a family, or as a group of up to 25 people. Even kids as young as age 8 are welcome to pitch in as long as they are accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- You can also host a volunteer event at your location, perfect for companies, schools, places of worship or other groups looking to give back to the community. Or you can assist with our in-school programming, Bookworm Bootcamp & Books on Break.
- Prefer to help out on your own terms? You can write bookworm letters, which are special notes from grown-up bookworms that are given our young bookworms in Title I schools to encourage them to keep reading daily.
Whatever your interest, Promising Pages has a way for you to get involved. For more details visit our Volunteer Calendar or
Contact to volunteer
Dana Barber, Operations & Volunteer Corrdinator